We strive to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge. Responsibilities:
The Director of the CIEE Global Institute – Buenos Aires is responsible for the quality and success of CIEE current and new programs offered in Buenos Aires, with overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of the Global Institute, ensuring the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction. A significant feature of the work is the planning and delivery of the current academic programs and CIEE Open Campus program, a highly innovative study abroad concept that enables students to design a program from six to 36 weeks, in up to three different locations. This program is defined by the highest standards of educational quality, rigorous coordination among Open Campus locations, and providing access to students of diverse backgrounds. In the initial months of this position, the Director will work closely with the Regional Director of Operations (based in Santiago, Chile) to prepare the academic and operational components needed to launch the Global Institute, in August 2018. The Director will also recruit and develop her/his core management team, responsible for the effective, timely, and on-budget delivery of these program aspects: &
- Academic Program: Ensure that the academic department meets its goals in the planning and delivery of the CIEE Buenos Aires Open Campus academic program (semester, January-term, and summer), faculty-led and custom programs, internship-based academic programs, International Faculty Development Seminars, high school programs, and other programs as needed. This includes but is not limited to overseeing the hiring of qualified academic faculty; evaluating faculty through classroom observations and student evaluations; providing faculty development opportunities; the timely and accurate production of course syllabi and materials; ensuring faculty make effective use of the CIEE learning management system (Canvas); student advising and course registration activities, final registration, student grade report preparation and submission, and requests for special academic exceptions, complaints, appeals, etc.
- Student Services: Ensure that the student life team meets its goals in the development and oversight of student services, including but not limited to student visas and residency permits, pre-departure orientation, on-site orientation, program excursions and overnight study tours (planned in conjunction with the academics department), volunteer opportunities, cultural and social activities supporting experiential and intercultural learning, personal counseling, conflict resolution and discipline, implementation of CIEE health, safety, and security protocols and procedures.
- Human Resources: Maintain overall responsibility for all Global Institute staff and faculty; plan and execute a strategy to fill key positions necessary for the delivery and development of programs and all operations of the Global Institute; lead team in the coordination and satisfactory execution of their duties; create and maintain a highly positive, collaborative work environment among the various units; assure compliance with local employment law as well as CIEE employment policies and procedures.
- Health, Safety and Security: Work with staff to ensure compliance with CIEE standards for health, safety and security, which includes monitoring events in the community related to health and safety risks; writing an annual emergency action plan and threat assessment covering health and safety information for students, staff, and facilities; securing appropriate medical and professional services; adhering to communication and incident reporting protocols; maintaining emergency preparedness processes, staff training; and communicating to participants applicable codes of conduct and taking appropriate action when they are in violation.
- Program Evaluation: Oversee the management of the student evaluation processes, including evaluations of the program as a whole and of individual courses, and providing timely action plans in response to evaluations; facilitate the visits of sending institution and evaluation teams (providing information, coordinating their schedules, establishing appropriate local contacts, setting up group and/or individual meetings with students); prepare program reports at the conclusion of each term.
- Financial and Legal Management: Serve as managing director of the legal entity and assume related responsibilities; ensure compliance with local tax and reporting requirements and with CIEE policies and procedures; maintain close contact with legal advisors on issues related to student immigration, employment practices, and governance and reporting requirements; maintain overall responsibility for annual budget and capital expenditure planning, monitor financial performance on a monthly basis; negotiate local host university financial protocols and fees and facility leases and other agreements; establish and oversee financial controls protocols; oversee cash flow management; assume bottom-line responsibility for budget margins.
- Facilities and Student Housing Management: Ensure that the operations team achieves its goals related to the smooth and efficient operation and maintenance of the Global Institute facility. Oversee the management of service contracts and purchasing, preventative maintenance schedules, fire safety compliance, office management, classroom and event space allocation, IT, security, and other related areas. Coordinate with CIEE enrollment staff and Global Institute administration team to provide student housing for all programs, including residence halls, shared apartments, and homestay opportunities, that comports to local and CIEE housing safety regulations. Evaluate and renegotiate annual contracts with housing providers to maintain or improve cost-efficiency of direct program costs.
- External Relations/Community Engagement: Ensure the development and implementation of strategies to increase awareness of CIEE’s mission and goals throughout the Buenos Aires community, at the governmental, municipal, and local levels; engage and network with local business groups; and develop a comprehensive community relations plan in line with CIEE’s objective to foster significant exchange and interaction between CIEE students and members of all of the various community cohorts.
- Marketing: Support the production of CIEE promotional materials by providing updates and content for catalogs, web site pages, bulletins, handbooks, arrival information, orientation information, pre-departure reading list, course syllabi, instructor CVs, and other information as requested. Participate and facilitate staff participation, as needed, in outreach activities to program applicants or alumni.
- Other: Oversee as needed the development and implementation of International Faculty Development Seminars, Faculty-led and Custom programs, high school programs, or other CIEE programs; participate as needed and possibly present at the CIEE Annual Conference or at other professional meetings; engage in regular meetings with leadership of other Global Institutes and contribute to ongoing program and operational improvement; other duties as assigned.