UNOPS has been recently offering PPP Advisory Services in order to strengthen public sector capabilities in the development of Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiatives.
Through its PPP portfolio, UNOPS is developing advisory services in infrastructure finance with private sector funding and operations. This includes public-private partnerships, concessions, management contracts, loans and other partnerships to support the national and local governments to address the challenge on how to prioritize and finance the infrastructure investment needed.
The Private Public Partnerships Specialist at this level would be a main contributor of the PPP specialist team for one or more UNOPS PPP project(s).
This position is home-based and depending on the projects portfolio development in LCR the selected candidate will be required to travel at least 1/3 of his/her service time and may have responsibilities in multiple countries. This position will initially work in projects in Central America, Mexico or Argentina, and depending on PPP portfolio development may also work on other countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. This is a homebased positon and ideally the PPP Specialist should be located in any country in Central America, Mexico or Argentina. The PPP Specialist will be part of the PPP team and based on project requirements and individual background and profile s/he will work in one or more areas described below: & a) Business development in PPP´s advisory services or in sustainable infraestructure finance
& b) Project Management
c) PPP Financial modelling
& d) Coordination of PPP Legal and technical framework modelling Requirements
- A third level education degree (master’s degree or equivalent) is required. Preferably in the fields of Finance, Economics, Business Administration (MBA), Infrastructure or related areas.
- A second level education degree (bachelor´s degree or equivalent) plus additional years of experience on top of minimum years required may be accepted in lieu of the Master´s degree;
- Formal certifications in financial modeling applied to Infrastructure, project finance, portfolio management, accounting or in PPPs is an advantage.
Experience: A minimum of two years (or more depending on academic credentials) of relevant experience in the field of public private partnerships or infrastructure finance. Experience in one or more of the following areas will be considered an advantage:
- Financial modeling, project finance or valuation modalities in the infrastructure sector;&
- Experience in business development of PPP advisory services,&
- Experience in sector-specific business models for PPP projects (e.g.: water, power generation, health, education, etc.);&
- Public Private Partnerships project management.