As a Protection Systems Engineer in ABB Argentina you will develop projects related to protection Systems for Power Grids Division.& & You will play an important role by developing protection systems for transformer stations. Every decision will help maintain and& develop local business growth.
- Experience in similar field developed in utilities, power stations and energy market will be an advantage.
-You need to have engineering degree in electrical or electronical specialization and knowledge of SCADA.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in similar positions.
1. Technical contribution:& Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments.Provides technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities.& Prepares project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
2. Sales support: Assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
3. Contract management: Supports Contract Managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.). Provides quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract. Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
4. Planning and control: Creates work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility
and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
5. Risk and opportunity management:& Completes risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reports any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
6. Customer Assists:& customers on technical issues, interacts with official contacts,contractors and other staff within his/her scope of deliverables. Assist communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
7. Supply chain management: Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers. Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals, and accepts as fit
for purpose supplied equipment or services.
8. Processes and tools: Uses standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of
responsibility. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.